Decades Of Combined Criminal Defense Experience
At The Matera Law Firm, we are former prosecutors who know both sides of the courtroom. We have more than 30 years of combined experience that allows us to aggressively pursue the best possible resolution for you no matter how challenging the facts of your case may be.
We offer our skilled defense against a wide variety of criminal charges, including:
- DWI — A drunk driving conviction can do much more harm than most people realize. You could be facing the loss of your driving privileges and years along with substantial costs such as insurance increases. Putting forward a strong defense now is your best choice.
- Homicide — No criminal charges are more serious than homicide. Without an effective defense, you could spend the rest of your life in prison.
- Assault — Every story has two sides. Assault is often one of those crimes where the police have decided to believe one story over another. We can help make sure your voice is heard.
- Drug crimes — Drug charges carry some of the most serious penalties for a nonviolent crime. You may be facing years of prison, substantial fines and a criminal record that will follow you for the rest of your life.
- Domestic violence — If you have been accused of domestic assault, your entire life may have been turned upside down. Let us defend you against your charges and help you understand and effectively navigate issues such as complying with the terms of any Order of Protection.
- White collar crime — Being convicted of a white collar crime can mean the loss of a professional license and damage to your professional reputation as well as prison and fines.
- Robbery — As robbery is considered a violent crime as well as a theft, there are different issues that need to be considered when building a strong defense. We have extensive experience defending these types of cases.
- Burglary — Let us provide you with the strong defense you need against burglary charges.
- Arraignments — If you need representation at an arraignment, our attorneys are available 24/7. We can be there for you on short notice.
Criminal Defense Attorneys Serving Melville, Long Island And New York
When you are facing criminal charges, you deserve a strong defense. Turn to the former prosecutors of The Matera Law Firm. To schedule a free initial consultation with one of our lawyers, call 516-741-6700 or contact us online.